HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Water and Sewer, Heavy Civil
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found
Reporting to the project foreman, the heavy equipment mainline hoe operator will be responsible for a variety of excavation duties related to water and sewer trenching, ditching and varied excavation tasks.
· Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
· Operate equipment according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
· Perform daily equipment safety and maintenance checks
· Record Keeping (equipment and maintenance inspections)
· Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
· Ensure heavy equipment is securely stored
· Advise the onsite supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
· Maintain inventory for equipment (I.e. track shovel, grease gun, oils and lubricants)
· Maintain excavation to that of the client and supervisors expectations
· Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a group, self-driven
· Follow the approved plan to design and construct project
· Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a mainline hoe operator an asset
· Current Standard First Aid, Confined Space, Ground Disturbance, H2S and WHMIS training certificates will be considered an asset
· Candidates should live in or within close proximity to Peace River
· The Company does not cover housing assistance or relocation expenses
· This position is identified as safety sensitive
· Overtime, out of town and extended working hours will be required
· Work conducted outdoors in diverse weather and ground conditions
· Seasonal Position
We provide competitive wages and benefits package, and a positive team environment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Applicants must submit a resume in order to be considered and include proof of qualifications. GACL provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. We thank every applicant for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.